Women's Ministry - LILACs
Ladies in Loving Action for Christ
The LILAC group is Gethsemane’s active women’s group. The group includes all women of the congregation.
We work on many varied projects, and have in place such services as:
- A once monthly opportunity for Bible study, social, and service activities for the women of the congregation
- Altar supplies and maintenance
- Organize congregational social activities
- Organize phone tree system to quickly notify members of immediate needs or events
- Coordinate projects to benefit the WELS supported Central Africa Medical Mission
- Promote membership in and provide support for the Lutheran Women’s Missionary Society for missionaries and mission congregations at home and abroad
- Promote a weekly sewing / quilting group to benefit our members and sisters in Christ through the Comforter Ministry
- Any other project that is deemed useful and beneficial that is not already addressed by another group within the congregation…
We invite all interested women to join us! For more information: email@example.com.
Classes for English as a Second Language run weekly on Thursday evenings from 6:30 - 7:30 pm. This class is for Spanish speakers who are working on obtaining US Citizenship as well as those who want to sharpen their English skills both verbal and written. The class is free. For more information, call (361) 888-7560.